We created this blog in order to share memories and stories of our dear friend Ignacio Celedon (aka Fito), who was killed in an attempted robbery early in the morning on Sunday, September 12th in South Berkeley. Fito led an amazing and enthusiastic life, and we invite everyone who knew him to contribute your memories and pictures. You can also find updates here on community meetings and links to news stories about his passing and the ongoing effort to bring his killers to justice.

Fito was from Chile, and since his death his family and his fiancee's family have spent a lot of money on travel back and forth between there and the Bay Area. We've created an opportunity for you to donate in order to help offset some of these costs.

Hemos creado este blog para compartir recuerdos e historias de nuestro querido amigo Ignacio Celedón (alias Fito), quien fue asesinado en un intento de robo por la mañana temprano el domingo, 12 de septiembre en el sur de Berkeley. Fito llevado una vida increíble y entusiasta, e invitamos a todos los que lo conocieron a contribuir con sus recuerdos y fotografías. Usted también puede encontrar las actualizaciones de aquí en reuniones comunitarias y enlaces a las noticias sobre su muerte y el esfuerzo en curso para llevar a sus asesinos ante la justicia.

Fito fue de Chile, y desde su muerte, su familia y la familia de su novia han pasado un montón de dinero en viajes de ida y vuelta entre ésta y el Área de la Bahía. Hemos creado una oportunidad para que usted pueda donar para ayudar a compensar algunos de estos costos.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Imagine: 5 years

Imagine, all that can happen in 5 year's time: people enter and graduate from college, wars are fought and peace is found, couple's meet and get married, babies are born and they run and talk, and unimaginable tragedy can be bravely challenged by love, hope and adventure.

40 years ago Fito's bright light entered this world, and although it has been 5 years since that wild smile has been seen by our human eyes, it continues to warm and educate us.

We spent his birthday with a simple task: Do something to express the fullness of what life consists of, and as you do, whisper (or shout or think), "Happy 40th Birthday Fito!"  


Here are a few of the many expressions we had:


No te acerques a mi tumba sollozando
No estoy ahi no duermo ahi
Soy el viento soplando
Soy como un diamante en la nieve brillando.
Soy la luz del sol sobre el grano brillando
Soy la lluvia gentil del otoño esperando cuando despiertes
En la tranquila mañana
Soy la bandada de oajaris que trina.
Soy tambien las estrellas que titilan mientras cae la noche en tu ventana. 
Por eso no te acerques a mo tumba sollozando...
NO ESTOY AHI. 
NO MORI


Remembering Fito today. Feeling grateful for a full, wonderous life.

El día sábado 12 recordaremos su partida y su cumpleaños 40 en una misa a las seis de la tarde. Junto a nuestra gran pena celebraremos con alegría su cumpleaños, pues el quería y vivió la vida con intensidad, le cantaremos el cumpleaños feliz y a través de ello nos uniremos todos los que lo queremos y recordamos.

Feliz Cumpleaños Fito y Coca: https://vimeo.com/139055582

Of course Ignacio is never far from my mind, especially in the late summer. This Saturday also coincides with Jugglefest here on Lopez, a sort of homegrown regional celebration of circus arts and stage goofery. I know he approves!

No doubt we all miss Fito a lot, despite these 5 years. His spirit and passion is within our minds and hearts.
I don’t know why, but during last time I’ve been thinking and remembering him through the music. Do you know the Canadian band Magic! ? Here in Chile they were known thanks to the hit “Rude”, and when I started to focus in the lyrics and the vocalist style, my thought was: “Hey, that guy has the style, the clothes, the way of Fito…”, then I laugh and though “maybe this is the way Fito could communicate with me”… also another way to cheer up this not-easy story….
Anyway, next Saturday 12th  we will probably be in the South of Chile, (at Puyehue, near Puerto Octay), because we are going to take some holidays. We will certainly remember him there, with Lili and our kids.








All the love in this day.  i miss him so much
Happy Birthday Fito!


Today it has been 5 years since you left us on your Birthday! You would be 40 today!!! If I could I would make you Thanksgiving dinner with my gravy that you loved so much. Today I celebrate that I was blessed to love you!! Today I celebrate you!! HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY in Heaven my sweet Angel!!  💟💟💟   feel free to say " HAPPY BIRTHDAY Fito"!!! 

Nosotros (sus amigos de colegio) nunca hemos dejado de recordar al Fito en su Cumpleaños, juntos o separados siempre levantamos una copa o miramos al cielo y decimos Feliz Cumpleaños amigo, asi mismo será este año. Asi que no dudes que estaremos contigo en espíritu celebrando a nuestro amigo.

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY FITO !!!!!.......YOU ARE AMONG US....TO BE SURE........

I was at the farm on Fito's day. Then I drove to Durham for a meeting. I had a long conversation with Fito -we talked about Minions mostly and you, I imagine conversations more as I age, maybe wishful thinking that I will be available to the living when I'm gone. He remains present in my life.  I think it is his joy. I know it is his optimism: I can not tolerate pessimists. So I need him. It is his optimism in spite of his keen awareness of the evil all around. And I respect his counter way of actively changing the world with a mask. He likes the Minion movie because of its counter activism, seeking to serve the most evil in the world but then serving good. Atticus likes Minions too.
It is interesting that with time, I now think and feel differently about Fito. For so long I was only attending to your pain and suffering. And the unfairness of his death to him, abstractly, but to you in all present ways. Now you are growing with new life, never to be the same as then, but never forgetting and wiser for the suffering. Fito can come to me now as a joyful, inspiring memory without just being painful for you. Remember I was sitting under the ancient ginko tree in Kyoto when Marcia told me his death. Now he and I sit under the old maple tree at the farm and talk of the love of his life. We love you dearly.

Today, Sept 12, is the 40th birthday and the 5th year anniversary of the 
unsolved murder of 'Fito', a man who wanted nothing more than to bring peace and love into everyone's heart. 
I only knew him for a short time, but I saw how he affected those around him. He had such an appreciation and saw the joy and beauty in some of the simplest things in life, things we all take for granted. He was the glue that brought people together, no matter what your status. 
He loved and protected my daughter.
He is my hero.
Always in my heart...and never, ever forgotten
Listen to the words Sly speaks and sings in this song from the '60's, these words still ring true today.
This is Fito's mantra
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prp4kWG0ZbU

Recordaremos todos al gran Fito y tendremos presente su cumpleaños de 40 años. El Sábado hay una misa en el colegio a las 18:00 hrs. 

I sat in the woods and floated on the water and visited the garden you made today, many times, in my heart.

It's crazy to think five years have passed. Sometimes it feels like forever ago and other times only just yesterday. When I think of you and Fito, I still have this image of you teaching and giving a presentation in Randy's class and Fito sitting in to admiring every moment of you in the glow of the projector. It's one of the few times I experienced you both together and even though it was an ordinary moment, it still feels so vivid. . . . I'm dating a handsome lad, and we just moved in together not too far from Fito's garden. We're planning to stroll over after work today and plant a few succulents I got for Fito.

We went to the place closest to the heavens to salute you and honor you.
Tuvimos que subir hasta el lugar que está más cerca del cielo en esta ciudad para felicitarte y homenajearte. 


Feliz 40 Aniversário! 


Adolfo Ignacio Celadón Bravo
1975 -  2010


¡Viva Fito!






 
- Obrigada, Mi Amor -











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tributes....reading them brought tears and smiles...remembering forgotten moments.....I am full of wonderful memories....

    ReplyDelete